5.15.2009

Random Thoughts - 5-14-09

So, hubby says "wanna go for a ride on the Prowler", it's like nearly 10 pm but 90 + degrees, so I say "sure"....to have the warm wind blowing in my face on/in our "convertible" not really caring that my hair is becoming and looking like a tangled mess...but the night, warm air blasting in my face, seeing like a bazillion stars out, thanks to a small city without tons of lights to wash-out the view of the night sky...going down McCullough, over the London Bridge, taking a little U-turn into the park, feeling the temperature actually feel "coolish" the closer we got to the lake, like maybe 90 instead of 95 and back out around the island, wondering what I've missed with all the flags at half-mast? I keep puzzling that over in my mind...our little local newspaper, Today's News Herald, not giving me a reason why, so I just keep wondering. Talking cell-phone to cell-phone to "DD#1" wondering what their future holds for them, but just trying to be patient, because time will reveal all things in it's own time, not mine. Enjoying "DS#2's" new haircut, feeling that "shorter is better"...for my man and my boys I've always liked that kind of look. Always feeling good when I know all my kids are home and safe and I don't have to worry and wonder "where are they"..."DD#2" hanging out with 2 g/f's tonight...havin' fun but home at a good time, glad she could go have a little bit of "girl-time"...feeling a little anxious that school is out for them in less than a week, and soon we'll be out of our little 'routine' and into a new and different routine, but trying to 'go with the flow' and looking forward to seeing my family and everyone else up there in Washington! So much to be thankful for, I/we can leave our little life here in Havasu and go up to Washington and be in the same fellowship, the same unity of spirit with those we love...The Lord is good....wanting to be preparing in this life so that I'll be prepared for the life to come and hoping that I never become a "flagpole without a flag"...I want to hold the banner of Christ high in my life...not even at half-mast! The final record is the one that counts!

1 comment:

Anna said...

warm air blowing around your hair on a late night with your hubby sounds awesome mom! love your starry night skies - i think they only rival connell night skies - that i've seen so far in my lifetime anyway=) anyway you don't have to patient anymore- now you know! i guess you do have to be patient for next time tho=) oh & you probably found out now- since i'm pretty late on my comments- but the flags were half-mast because obama declared it as a national fallen policeman day or something to that affect. ok - well thanks again for sharing your thoughts- always love to peek inside my mama's brain=)