5.09.2009

Random Thoughts

Thankful that my knees felt good enough to go out for a walk this morning with Jack, but feeling warm @ 7:45 a.m. and 87 degrees already, and especially hot at my "turn-around" spot on the road, only to feel the satisfaction of a "cool" breeze on my face the rest of the way home. Walking by the Palo Verde trees in full-bloom and hearing the trees all "abuzz" with thousands of bee's lapping up the nectar from the blooms, not caring that I am even in the area, feeling content on getting the most out of the blooms while they're still in bloom, only to be hit with a head full of pollen causing my allergies to go crazy this week, but glad for allergy medicine to keep it 'at bay'. Thinking about Mother's Day tomorrow and knowing I haven't had to cook on that day for the past 24 years, but hubby asking me last night if I wanted to do a pot-luck with our meeting, realizing he didn't even remember it was Mother's Day, but reminding him, and he saying "well, there's always a first" (for cooking), but knowing that when it's all said and done, I won't have to cook on Mother's Day. While walking, appreciating the thought that the more effort I put into my service with God, the greater joy I'll receive from it...the effort to read and pray, make it to meetings whenever possible, getting to convention...that kind of effort, God rewards and the more our heart is in it, the more joy I'll get...it really does work! I've proven it many times through the years. Thankful that I got to all of Casa Grande Convention...just being in the "convention" atmosphere is tonic to my soul...fellowship with God's people and receiving more than I was able to take in. Now, soon thinking about our summer ahead, counting the days the kids will be out of school...only 8 1/2 days, wow!!! Two plus months living out of a suitcase, trying to think about how lightly I can pack for that much time away from home, away from my bed, away from my pillow......but knowing it will all be here when we get back home in time for the kids to start school on August 3rd....and if, per chance all was not here, well, then it wouldn't matter. Happy for health, happy for life, happy for my hubby and children...life is good.

2 comments:

Anna said...

hey mom- the library is closing so i can't comment all i want to right now- but i do want to say i LOVE seeing all these thoughts - thanks for sharing them=) talk soon - love you

Anna said...

ok finally i can sit down & comment properly=) i loved that you wrote down all your thoughts like i like to do- i think you should do it more often. it gives me a chance to visualize where i am when i take the time to write down some thoughts & see where my heads at yah know what i mean? also helps me to focus on 'the good stuff' =) glad your knees weren't hurting you saturday so you could walk with jack - i'm sure he appreciated it=) how have they been overall? more good days then bad or a mix? got to love those cool breezes- they make the heat quite enjoyable=) isn't it interesting that even when it's just you out in nature & it's technically 'quiet' that there are so many sounds around us like bugs buzzing as you mentioned... so much going on=) sorry about your allergies - you should take your zyrtec everyday like me. i really haven't had any issues since i started taking my pill every morning. before i was just taking it after it was too late but now it's like a preventitive measure so i never really have issues. *sigh* dad is hopeless about remembering things. oh well. it's like zane with chores- if i ask him he'll do it no problem but until i ask... forget it... lol. so at least dad celebrates even if he needs a kick or two in the pants to remind him. hee hee. so very glad you got to go to casa grande- i'm so proud of you. i know it's kind of silly but it's hard to do things alone like that- even tho you know it'll be so worth it. hope i would make the same choice if i had to. thanks for the reminders that our efforts- tho they may be just little ones are always rewarded by God. can't believe it's only what... 5 days now til y'all leave?? crazy how time flies! you'll get back two-days after z & i's 3rd wedding anniversary - wow=) i'll probably try to call you in the next little while... depending on aidan, lol or you can always try if you have a minute. bye!