3.19.2010

"COFFEE FILTER" Peace Rose




Yesterday, I took a class (with a couple of professing lady
friends) at the local "Stamps-N-Stuff" craft store. I was
so intrigued by the beautiful roses they had on display,
and even moreso when I discovered they were made out
of coffee filters!!! So, we signed up for the class. It took 2
hours to make ONE rose...but now I know how to make them.
Thats the exciting part and I hope to add to my one long-
stemmed rose...I want to make some rose buds too, and
they won't take as long. You can look on-line for "coffee
filter roses" and it's amazing that some sell for $90.00 each!
The "petite" roses on that same website sell for $20.00 each.
So, the $17.00 class didn't seem so bad afterall! ha ha
And to think it's coffee filters and children's watercolors,
wire and green florists tape.
So much fun, so little time! :-)



2 comments:

Melisa said...

I have seen these and they are indeed extremely cool! Very nicely done!

Anna said...

wow, this is super crazy. your handiwork & creativity is impressive! =) thanks for sharing... apparently it could be a little side business for yah, huh?=)