4.13.2010

In-N-Out Spread...

This tickled my funnybone.
Today, I went through the drive-up window and
got myself an In-N-Out burger, fries and a cup of water.
(yes, it was splurge, but so good)
I love their spread and you can ask for
a small packet of it "on the side" and you
put it in one of those little tiny ketchup cups.
There was a new employee...I could just tell he was
new...he was sweetly doing everything they asked him to
do...a younger kid. They brought my food to me (handed
it through the window) but NOT my spread, so the kid
came to the window and I said..."I didn't get my side of
spread"...(they'd already given me my little cup for the
spread)...so, he said, "Oh, I'm sorry...just a moment..."
And as innocently as could be he handed me this WHOLE
CUP of spread...this is how much was left AFTER I had what
I wanted and AFTER I spilled some over on my fries (accidently)
I didn't have the heart to tell him. I said "oh, that's a lot"
He said...Oh, I can take some out if you want..."
I said, "Oh, no problem, this is fine"....
Oh my word....theres enough spread for
a whole army there...so now I have a bunch
of spread....for what? I don't know, but it sure is good! :-)

3 comments:

Anna said...

so we already discussed this on the phone today, but looking at it again... & you're making my mouth water for in n out dude!!! we tried a new yummy burger chain we keep seeing pop up here & there in our area... called five guys/burgers & fries (i think??) anyway it's the same idea... really nice made-to-order juicy patties.... limited menu like in n out but not quite as limiited.
you should go back & hug this kid- he sounds adorable. tho that might embarrass him & then he'd lose any street cred he had for being hugged by a soccer mommy, lol! kidding;)

Melisa said...

I just have to tell you, it is a VERY good thing that my family doesn't blog-hop! Tiana fell in love with In-N-Out in CA and now that's all she ever wants! Kent adores it, too. I like it, but I'm not just gaga over it! They would be sooo jealous!

Melisa said...

Just re-read Anna's comment! We have Five Guys up here now, too! They are good! TONS of fries with your order! Too many almost! Anyway, they are good, too!