4.23.2010

"Something Old....Something New..."

The "Old" - - ME

The "New" - - My GLASSES...
What do you do when you have 5 1/2 hours to 'kill'
in Algodones, Mexico? Took my brother Steve down
on Tuesday to get some dental work done (a crown)
and they needed that much time in the lab to make it.
5 1/2 hours later I had found a new pair of glasses (2
hours in the lab to make them), Steve purchased a
leather vest, a leather cell-phone case and a leather
belt. I refuse to pay "full-price" for anything down there
and so I did the "dickering" for Steve...the Mexican man
told me "you sound like a Mexican..." I said "yes, when
it comes to this kind of thing, yes, a Mexican"...

Today, Tom and I and Steve, and friends
Richard and Mary went to the "Desert Storm"
Boat parade at the London Bridge Channel.
A gorgeous day.



Malia on her job as a cashier at Hastings.
Steve and I went down for a latte' and
a magazine and book to read.




We had rain yesterday. An unusual site for us,
but beautiful too! Its good to use your windshield
wipers occasionally!





1 comment:

Anna said...

umm.... somehow i totally missed this post!!!! i looooove it. all the pix made me smile. malia looks adorable at her coffee stand. love your new glasses- they're very cute!! i still really need to go to algadonos (sp?) with you sometime! can't believe i've never made it down there yet. i want you to barter for me you mexican you!! hahaaha, so funny!