7.30.2010

A NEW GUEST IN OUR HOME












"Smiling Jack"
So, I had a temporary moment of insanity by
saying we could TEMPORARILY take in this
sweet pooch...Daniel's manager at work had
to have him gone from his apartment no later
than Tuesday (7-27-10). So Tino was going to
take Jack to the pound if someone didn't take
him. I just hated to see that happen, and I knew
we could take him there if need be and/or if we
couldn't find a suitable home for him.
Jack is 1 and a half years old, is border colley
and black lab mix...is loveable, slobbery, burps,
he knows how to sit, shake-a-paw, loves to eat,
is quite an escape artist...(never leave a door open
or he is out like lightening)...seems to be a good "bird
dog"...or should I say...he loves to scare-up the quail,
has boundless energy...has been allowed to sit/sleep on
the couch and beds...jumps up on them like nobody's
business and thinks he actually belongs there! Everyone
seems to love him...I'm still thinking that moment of
insanity was just a moment too long! Tom doesn't want
me to get rid of him before he has a chance to meet him
(and I know.....fall in love with him so I won't be able to
get rid of him)!!! : D
Tom doesn't get home from harvest for another couple
weeks at least....Jack is 42 lbs. of loveable mutt!
Ugh...now what...everyone will have my tail if I
utter the words........'he must go'.



2 comments:

Anna said...

OH. MY. WORD. me & zane are speechless (in between fits of giggles that is...) we cannoooooot believe you have become SUCH a softie!!! & even without ANY pressure from dad. woah. i mean, i don't even know what to say. It's Jack II! how funny that is his name & he is black & white... and ooooh soooo cute!!!!! you CANNOOT not keep him mom, you know that right!??? have you seen Hachi??? You should probably do that asap. (it's a movie)

Deena said...

So, is original Jack still on the scene, or was he just off pouting in the corner over the new young guy getting all the attention!?