7.28.2011

Combining and Harvest Time!!!

 I was able to catch Tom and the combing operation one afternoon as I headed into town going to the library to use the wifi and my computer.  They were a ways off, but zoomed in my little camera and you can at least see them 'operating' and then 'dumping' the wheat into the truck.  This was their first week of combining, now they are into their second week of work, and because the week is looking so good this year and the weather has been so strange, it's looking to be a four week operation this time instead of three.

 This red combine was next to the old farmhouse and belongs to Greg's brother, John, just as does a fair bit of the land surrounding the place.  So, for a couple days there is quite a bit of combine activity and I was able to get some decent pictures.  As you'll see below, I decided to take my camera along for my walk yesterday morning and was fortunate to catch these pictures right along the road! 






 The old farmhouse is in the background where you see the trees.

1 comment:

Shana said...

These are great pictures! Fun to see all the farming work being done!