10.06.2009

MOON, PRETTY MOON...

If it were a ball...
I would bounce it.
If it were a donut...
I'd drool on it.
If it were a pizza...
I'd eat it.
If it were a button...
I'd sew it on my skirt.
If it were a quarter...
I'd spend it.
If it were a marshmallow...
I'd roast it on an open fire.
If it were a marble...
I'd display it.
If it were my eyeball...
I'd look through it.
If it were my headlight...
I'd see my direction.
If it were my pill...
I'd swallow it.
If it were my CD...
I'd listen to it.
If it were my wedding band...
I'd wear it.
If it were the letter "O"...
I'd use it to spell MOON.
It's our beautiful MOON
And I'm thankful for God's
provision of it...a guiding light
at night...and the thought that
there will be another tomorrow!

2 comments:

Shana said...

Beautiful! We just looked at the moon tonight through a spotting scope and it was amazing! You could see the craters and everything!

Anna said...

love the poem thingy & of course the moon... i'm hearing dad sing in my head right now... it's lovely.