5.08.2010

Yes, FOLKS, he's real, and I was alone, and...

Jim carrying him over to the wash beside our house.
He is dead here...a gopher snake (from what we can
tell from the internet pictures)...they can bite but are
non-poisonous!



We were out on the lake a couple weeks ago and we saw
one of these actually swimming in the lake, so we circled it
and it kept looking at us and following us...we watched it until
it swam to shore....ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
(we were ON our boat...but yuck).

All the kids are at work today, Tom has walked to the gym,
and I am ready to head to the gym to work-out and pick-up
Tom so I come around to the trunk of the car to put something
in, glance over to my right just a FEW feet and BAM! I about
jumped 5 feet...truly, my heart is still NOT back to normal...
that big guy was just laying there and I'm ALL ALONE! So,
I hurry and call our faithful neighbor Jim....ring, ring, ring,
not home...so I call the gym and get Tom on the phone, he say's
call Jim on his cell phone, so I did and he was just out in the desert
walking and said he was almost home and would be right over.
My heart was pounding like crazy...it's a wonder the pictures
aren't totally blurry! Jim comes over with his trusty gripper
thingy and said the snake was DEAD! Oh my word! I was
about panicking. The garage was smelling AWFUL last evening.
We are guessing when we got home from lunch yesterday after-
noon with Steve and Dan we must of ran over it's tail, it slithered
into the garage and parked himself where I have the picture, and
died there...then the smell began. Oooooh, it was icky. There's
a squishy spot on the driveway where we ran over it!
Yes, Yucky, I know...and scary!



2 comments:

Shana said...

Wow! That's huge and not exactly what you want to see out of the corner of your eye!! Thank goodness for good neighbors!! :)

Anna said...

wooooah. i didn't realize it was so long & faaaaaat. GROOOOOOOSSSS. this is just sick & wrong. why does there have to be snakes!? i am NEVER going in the lake --- it seriously FOLLOWED you!????